Friday, December 7, 2012

100 Day Burpee Challenge!

I LOVE BURPEES!

No. Really. I do.

What is The 100 Day Burpee Challenge? On Day 1, perform one burpee. On Day 2, perform two burpees. On Day 3, perform three burpees. Seeing the pattern here? All the way to Day 100 where you perform 100 burpees! If you miss a day, you have to do that day's burpees the next day! (In other words, don't miss a day.)

What is a burpee? This is a good description:
"A burpee is like a pushup on crack.
  1. Start in a low squat, hands flat on the floor in front of you.
  2. Jump your feet back so that you're in a high push-up position.
  3. Complete a full push-up.
  4. Jump feet back to the starting squat position.
  5. Spring up off the ground and clap your hands over your head.
That's one.
The key is to focus on form. Getting into a solid push-up position each time makes a big difference.
Burpees have a reputation for building strength and character while torching body fat. I like the sound of that." Lean Machine NYC
I started this challenge once this past summer. I only got a couple weeks in because an unexpected trip to Tennessee kind of derailed my workout plans. I want to finish it this time! I'm going to start on December 21st. That will make Day 100 exactly two weeks prior to Rock the Parkway Half-Marathon.

I start in 2 weeks. Who's with me??

Cavegirl Runner

Anyone else crazy enough for The 100 Day Burpee Challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment