Saturday, December 1, 2012

December Fitness Goals


Hey! It's December! How the heck did that happen? It feels like November just FLEW by! Here are my goals for this month:

1. Get a membership to the Y.
**I've been meaning to do this for a while, and if I want to row and swim for cross training, I really can't wait anymore.

2. Prepare for Half-Marathon training
**more focus on mileage and pace
**less focus on strength training
**practice pre-, during-, and post-workout fueling plan

3. Learn and practice proper rowing and swimming technique.

4. Buy a swimming suit for cross training! (It will be too cold outside to ride my bike!!)

5. Finalize Half-Marathon training schedule.

6. Half-Marathon training begins December 24! (Yeah, Christmas Eve...)

7. Stay focused, work hard, and have fun!

Cavegirl Runner

Goals are good for the mind, body, and soul. Do you have any goals this month? What is one?

4 comments:

  1. Oh so what plan are you using for your half-marathon? I have mine to where I start training the last of february; its a 12 week program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My training plan is 16 weeks long and I'm starting Dec. 24th because the first Half I'm running is April 13th in KC. Then I 5 weeks to recover and get ready for Joplin on May 18th.

      Delete
  2. Also....I think I will do a post for your after my half-marathon, I think that would be a cool idea :) Hope all is well my fellow runner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds awesome! Thanks Haley! Looking forward to it. :)

      Delete