Friday, October 26, 2012

Foodie Friday (10/26/12)

Easy Slow Cooker Apple and Onion Pork Chops

Ingredients
6 boneless pork chops
2 apples
2 onions
salt, pepper, and thyme to taste
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

Directions
1. Dice apples and onions into chunks and spread in bottom of Crock pot. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme.
2. Place pork chops on top of apple and onion.
3. Mix chicken broth and apple cider vinegar then pour mixture over pork chops and veggies.
4. Sprinkle pork chops with salt, pepper, and thyme.
5. Cook on low for 8 hours.

This recipe came from Denim and Dots.

This turned out very good. I think next time I will put the chops on the bottom of the slow cooker then place the apples and onions on top to prevent the chops from drying out. I used homemade chicken broth and Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar.
I decided this week I wanted to reconcile with using herbs and spices, hence the thyme. I didn't use a whole lot, but I used enough that I could taste it in the final product. Here are the herbs and spices I used this week: thyme, paprika, chili powder and oregano. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment