Friday, October 12, 2012

Foodie Friday

I love food! So starting next week, I will begin sharing a recipe on Friday of something I have made recently. I'm excited for this! Here are some things to know about my cooking:

*I like simple meals with few ingredients.
*I'm not adventurous enough to use a lot of spices or herbs. I like basil. The smell of parsley reminds me of the smell of alfalfa. I do not like the smell of rosemary or thyme. Bay leaves are ok.
*I'm not a big fan of peppers or onions. I like the smell and flavor of them, but I don't enjoy eating them raw or partially cooked.
*I like garlic.

I never follow a recipe to the letter. Often I will combine a couple different recipes. I'm telling you this because if you want to make my recipe, it will not offend me if you add in or leave out ingredients. Every one has different tastes. Maybe you love rosemary or thyme...I really don't.

Cooking is a relatively new concept for me, as I explained here. But I like eating and I like knowing what is in my food. So check back next Friday for my first "Foodie Friday" post!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Cavegirl Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment