Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekend Wrapup (10/15-10/21)

Monday
AM-Strength Training
     *side lunge and press, single leg dumbbell row, single leg hip raise, T pushup
PM-Bike: 10 min easy, 2 x (2 min hard, 2 min easy), 5 min easy

Tuesday
Run: 3 mi fartlek

Wednesday
Bike: 10 min easy, 14 min, tempo, 6 min easy
    **it was SO windy***
Walk dogs with H

Thursday
Run: 4 miles 
     **still windy**
Walk dogs with H

Friday
AM-Strength Training
     *overhead dumbbell lunge, single arm-neutral grip-dumbbell row & rotation, single arm setup & press, pushup, prone cobra
PM-Walk dogs with H

Saturday
Run: 5 miles with Running Bestie

Sunday
Rest Day!

I've never tried to ride a bike in wind like we had on Wednesday! It wasn't knock me over bad, but I was having to really work without going much of anywhere. On Thursday I chose a route where I mostly had a cross wind because it was still pretty windy. I started incorporating speed work this week (fartlek on Tuesday). I love fartleks! When I do them I run about a half mile warmup, then run fast between a couple signs or poles, then slow down till I feel recovered, then go hard again and repeat until I've finished the mileage. I finish off with about a quarter mile cooldown. I never plan out the distance or time of the fast/slow parts, I just go by feel.
I'm happy with the work I did this week. I can feel myself getting stronger. Also, I may have gotten talked into running Rock the Parkway Half-Marathon next year...it would be my first half.

Goals for next week
1. Finish "Make a Plan" post
2. Figure out a costume for Twilight Thriller
3. Run a PR at Twilight Thriller 5K

No comments:

Post a Comment