Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weekend Wrapup (10/22/12-10/28/12)

Monday
Rest 

Tuesday
Run: 2.5 mi 

Wednesday
Rest 

Thursday
Run: 2 mi 

Friday
Rest 

Saturday
Twilight Thrill 5K Race!
24.50!! 

Sunday
Rest Day

I'm sure you noticed the decrease in my fitness activity this week. It's been a couple months since I raced a 5K. I know I have gotten faster since then and I decided to take it easy this week so I was completely rested for the race. I must have done something right...FASTEST 5K EVER! What's funny is when I got done I didn't feel like I had worked that hard and could have ran faster. And, I was only 21 seconds away from an age division medal...21 SECONDS. I'm not mad though, I'm actually very pleased.

I ordered a copy of The Paleo Diet for Athletes from Amazon. An updated and revised edition came out this month, but I got the original. Partly because I didn't realize the other book was an updated version, but mostly because the original was cheaper. I'm about a third the way through and I'm really enjoying it so far. I believe I will definitely be implementing their suggestions during Half Marathon training.

Even though I ran a monster of a PR, I kind of feel like I took it a little too easy this week. I'm ready to get back at it next week.

Goals for next week
1. Work hard.
2. Feel good.
3. Push my limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment