Monday, October 1, 2012

Race Recap: Combat Air Museum Winged Foot

Good things
*10K PR -- 56:49
*First place in my age division
*Got my name in the paper

Bad things
*Random foot pain
*Started too fast to maintain

So...the race. I ran a personal best and got first in my age division. My goal was to come in under an hour, and I did that. So why do I feel like I could have done better? For one thing I started way faster than I could maintain over 6 miles. But I decided to take a chance and I don't regret that. I did during the last two miles of the race, but I don't now. For me this race showed me what I am capable of and what I want to be capable of.

I'm going to need one of those display racks for running medals soon. Right now they are all hanging on the switch of the lamp in the corner of my living room. I guess when it falls over that will be my cue.

Lastly, I'd like to give a shout-out to my Mom. This was her first 5K walk and I am so proud of her. Not just for finishing, but for her actions on the course. There was an older gentleman who had recently had back surgery and this was his first race back. He wasn't doing so great so my Mom got him to walk with her. Even though he didn't think he could do it and wanted to quit, my Mom was there to encourage him to keep going. I love my Mom.

Cavegirl Runner

1 comment: